Vai al contenuto

Stanno arrivando!

image.thumb.jpeg.0322a9cc2dae21f6967353160932ae31.jpeg

Oggi è arrivato!!

image.thumb.jpeg.1b32cb67da03e04b13b80a7bf2e8bcab.jpeg

(MT-01) Miura

Miura

Messaggi raccomandati

No, I had them installed at first... but there´s too much gap.... and it doesn´t look good enought... I´ll show you pics with the carbon heat shields and the short Akras and you´ll see...

I´ll have to design a handmade ones, thiner... or maybe another solution that I had in mind...

Yesterday I removed the short Akras and installed the Stage 2 mufflers. I´ll order a dB Killers set in order to install the short Akras again... I made deaf a half of my neighbors on Saturday afternoon... and ethics tells me try not deafen the rest... :lol:  For the moment I´ll ride with the Stage 2 Akras.

Next Friday I´ll install the new tank.

Nice Style bro! :thumbsu:
Those exhausts are so Huge! I can only image the sound at full throttle! :040: :040:

I can only describe it as be driving a damn reactor... :071::hyper:

Amazing but not for the civilized world!!! :eusa_boohoo:

• Like 2
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Good good job!  :023:

Now you really need sometthing to fill the space between the seat and the "silencers", but I agee it can't be the original cover (your silencers are much smaller than the original, so you need a smaller cover).

And man: you absolutely need a couple of db killer!  :D

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Well, it wasn't too bad, but I honestly thought that the racing mufflers were much shorter than the original Stage II ones, so they could be coverd in a better way by the carbon heat shields. 

You´re wrong buddy, because yes, the racing mufflers are shorter than the Stage 2 ones... but they´re also thinner... in consequence always will be too gap (is pretty logical)... The issue is not the possition to place them, the problem is that they are two parts with pretty different widths.

The possibilities were:

1. To place the mufflers in the center of the carbon covers: you have a little less gap to the heat shield walls, but you´ll have an ugly gap to the subframe and they seem too opened and weak too... and the gap to the covers is also ugly anyway.

2. To place the mufflers closed to the subframe and up: too gap to the lower wall of the cover. Ugly

3. To place the mufflers closed to the subframe and low: too gap to the upper wall of the cover. Even uglier.

4. To place the mufflers forwared: Doing this we reduce the gap because we end of the mufflers is the wider part...  but we get a really strange design in every view... no dynamic at all... Now they end just at the same visual line than the tail. Also they would be too covered for the heat shields.

Another important thing for me when I decided to cut the tail and install short pipes was to reduce the length of the tail but also the width (rear view)... and for this the stock carbon heat shields can´t help.

Modificato da Miura
  • Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

• Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.
  • Crea Nuovo...