Vai al contenuto

Stanno arrivando!

image.thumb.jpeg.0322a9cc2dae21f6967353160932ae31.jpeg

Oggi è arrivato!!

image.thumb.jpeg.1b32cb67da03e04b13b80a7bf2e8bcab.jpeg

(MT-01) Miura

Miura

Messaggi raccomandati

No, I had them installed at first... but there´s too much gap.... and it doesn´t look good enough... 

I´ll have to design a handmade ones, thiner... or maybe another solution that I had in mind...

Let us know your solution: perhaps some of us will be interested to fill that space properly  :rolleyes:  :eusa_whistle:

post-1695-0-94456900-1428930093_thumb.jpgpost-1695-0-60445700-1428930070_thumb.jpg

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Let us know your solution: perhaps some of us will be interested to fill that space properly  :rolleyes:  :eusa_whistle:

attachicon.gifIMG-20150115-WA0005.jpgattachicon.gifMBE RocketGarage.jpg

I still have to think about how to design the part... but I think that the best solution for my bike wouldn´t be the same than yours, because my tail ends were the monoposto seat ends and also the pipes are pretty closed to the subframe... so I have not too much space to play. Also my racing exhausts are pretty thinner than yours I´d guess...To be honest, I think that your exhaust work pretty well with the carbon cover and the alu protectors!

May be I´ll build a subframe cover and another 2 small heat protectors to cover the linkpipes until the frame...

P.S.: Cool bike that yours mate

Modificato da Miura
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Here you can see it with the carbon heat shields:

attachicon.gifimage_1_1.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage_2_1.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage_3_1.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage_4_1.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage_5_1.jpeg

As I said before, too much gap!

It would be enough to move slightly to the outside to get well in the frame of the cover terminals ... nice work !!
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Working much likeable ... like I said it would be enough to move a little more to the outside and carbon frames are perfect!!Bravo!! ;)

attachicon.gifajko.jpg attachicon.gifajko2.jpg attachicon.gifajko3.jpg

Hi mate,

Again I disagree with the solution that you propose... Maybe it was pretty difficult to explain correctly with words... so I´ve done a small study with several fast sketches of the top view of the different tail configurations arguing why it wouldn´t work in my bike (in my opinion) and why I placed my MotoGP exhausts in the place that I did.

Here you have folks:

post-4565-0-45926800-1429180596_thumb.jpg

Anyway, I´m completely thankful to have your opinions and listen different points of view mates... I hope you continue in order to improve!

Modificato da Miura
  • Like 2
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Today I left the bike in the Yamaha workshop to replace the tank, kneepads, oil and filters...

Here you can see a video of the MotoGP pipes working... I hope you like the sound brothers:

Today I left the bike in the Yamaha workshop to replace the tank, kneepads, oil and filters...

Here you can see a video of the MotoGP pipes working... I hope you like the sound brothers:

IMG_5103(1).MOV

Modificato da Miura
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Perhaps it will be the fault of the audio ... but I feel that it's too much noise and not running smoothly !!

definitely needs a control unit to obtain an optimal carburation !!

Modificato da mimmo D.D.R.
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Perhaps it will be the fault of the audio ... but I feel that it's too much noise and not running smoothly !!

definitely needs a control unit to obtain an optimal carburation !!

Are you sure? I tested the bike and I think that it works OK... But I'm not an expert., of course... The ECU of my bike is the Akrapovic Stage2 one... I have another video. I'll attach it to let you listen the bike outside...

Would a Power Commander optimize the carburation performance?

Modificato da Miura
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

A second video to check again the sound:

IMG_5048.MOV

My question is: If I don´t use a Power Commander and I let the bike like it is right now, can it cause some problems to the bike? Or It only affects to the sound and explosions?

Modificato da Miura
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

The second one, it will have a leaner carburation and it will "pop" often.

P.S: holy f***k, THAT's a huge sound! I totally love it, wonderful job!!

P.P.S: post the video on YouTube, so we can be able to visualize it on the Forum without downloading it. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hello Miura again congratulations for the work done ... about what may happen I am not the person who can tell you this, but I can tell you that my bike with the drain open all showed a mixture too lean, and this is not good !! an initial mapping to make the carburetion fatter, more moving the limiter up to 5800/5900 rpm has been done already by Ajko ... now the bike is in a center Dynojeth to expand the work on the electronics module with a PC5 more add to perfect carburetion, advance and other things ... ask Dr. Superbiker he will settle !! ;)

through the workshop we will have all the tests made at the counter documented before and after the new intervention!!

Modificato da mimmo D.D.R.
  • Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Hello Miura again congratulations for the work done ... about what may happen I am not the person who can tell you this, but I can tell you that my bike with the drain open all showed a mixture too lean, and this is not good !! an initial mapping to make the carburetion fatter, more moving the limiter up to 5800/5900 rpm has been done already by Ajko ... now the bike is in a center Dynojeth to expand the work on the electronics module with a PC5 more add to perfect carburetion, advance and other things ... ask Dr. Superbiker he will settle !! ;)

through the workshop we will have all the tests made at the counter documented before and after the new intervention!!

Hi Mimmo!

Thanks for the explanation.

Some minuts ago I asked to my mechanic of Yamaha about this topic... and in his opinion I don´t need a Power Commander. I´ll tell you his explanation:

He says that if I were using the stock ECU of the stock exhausts, the Power Commander would be a must, because the bike wouldn´t work OK at all... but the thing is that I´m using the Stage 2 ECU and the most important thing when you change the exhaust line is the exhaust manifolds, while the the result of varying the mufflers is virtually nil (unless its diameter is less than the manifold diameter, in which case we would lose power as consequence of hindering the gas fluidity).

So if you change the exhaust manifolds for a set with a different width and you don´t change the ECU, your ECU will work in a wrong way because it´s set for these previous exhaust manifolds. But I have the right ECU for the current exhaust Manifolds (Akrapovic Stage 2 ECU).

It´s true that I´ll have the explosions and maybe with a very well configured PCV they could disappear, but no dangerous consequences are expected in his opinion, it´s not possible to have a too lean mixture (dangerous for the valves) using the Stage 2 ECU...

In fact a good friend told me that when this ECU feels too gap, it solves it adding more gas to the mixture, because of it the explosions happen... and in fact the explosions also happen with the Stage 2 (and Stage 3) pipes...

When I´ll get the racing pipes back (they are in the Blaze workshop in order to make the dB Killers) I´ll install them and I´ll go to Yamaha to show him the result and noise to have his feedback again...

Anyway I´ll continue keeping more info and studying the Power Commander option...

Modificato da Miura
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Last updates:

New tank installed. I'll do some pics this weekend.

The dB Killers for the MotoGP pipes are ready:

post-4565-0-18660300-1429817997_thumb.jpgpost-4565-0-05292600-1429818011_thumb.jpg

We tryed to get something like the MotoGP stuff:

post-4565-0-66176100-1429818136_thumb.jpg

I'll install the MotoGP pipes this weekend to test the sound with the dB Killers... I hope it will be enought!

P.S.: I think I´ll paint the fly-eyes black colour...

Modificato da Miura
  • Like 1
Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

• Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.
  • Crea Nuovo...