Vai al contenuto

Stanno arrivando!

image.thumb.jpeg.0322a9cc2dae21f6967353160932ae31.jpeg

Oggi è arrivato!!

image.thumb.jpeg.1b32cb67da03e04b13b80a7bf2e8bcab.jpeg

(MT-09) O2 Controller (modulo lambda)

willy

Messaggi raccomandati

O2 controller o modulo lambda che dir si voglia. Un ragazzo australiano , Kevin, ha creato il primo modulo per l'xt660 e poi ne ha continuato lo sviluppo su altri modelli, ora ne ha fatto uno per la 09.

Su questo moduli c'è una bella discussione della sezione MT-03  , se volte farvi un idea è bene dare un occhiata. @Mandrake ha creato "l'accrocchio" che ha risolto il 90% di problemi di erogazione.

Mandrake dobbiamo parlarne.

Allego la spiegazione di Kevin.  Il modulo lo vende su ebay , secondo me è un pochino caro. Qui trovate il manuale in PDF: 

Kevxtx MT. FZ 09 instructions 12.pdf

Background

Many owners of the newer MT & FZ-09 models have reported & are experiencing throttle “surging”. More noticeable at lower RPM’s, at cruising, or when using the advanced engine map A & STD mode, other symptoms might also include irregular throttle response.

The modern 09 motors are high-compression, fuel-injected, computer-managed engines which need to meet demanding emission and noise standards. The leaner air-fuel (A/F) mixtures needed to meet these standards will cause the occasional surges, jerkiness and flat-spots.

The Technical Explanation

There are two main circuits to a fuel map – closed-loop and open-loop circuits:

The open loop circuit is used above 6000rpm, when the ECU detects sudden throttle acceleration, and all throttle openings over 20%, whether cruising or not cruising. This circuit typically creates an A/F ratio of approx 13.4:1on the MT/FZ-09. A Power Commander or mapping program like Flash Tune can only adjust the fuel map in the open loop

•  

• The closed loop is implemented for emission control. It comes into effect after a coolant temp of 60 degrees C, and when the ECU sees a constant throttle opening of below 20% between 2000rpm & 6000rpm, This circuit creates an A/F ratio of approx 14.7:1

The ECU takes voltage readings from the O2 sensor as input to the A/F management. For closed-loop conditions, the ECU will lean the A/F ratio out until it sees an A/F ratio of 14.7:1.

Together with the lean A/F, the “switching” of this large A/F gap between open and closed loops is a major contributor to the jerking and surge behaviour.

For the best results I recommend that the latest Yamaha Flash be installed to all 2014 models along with my O2 controller.

Why do we need this O2 controller?

There are Power Commander & O2 optimizers available for these new engines. Which do the job no problem if you have the funds to buy them, the kevxtx O2 controller is a stand along mod, it does not need a Power Commander or Flash Tune map for it to work, it will work no matter what mod is installed .

Resistor-type Eliminators do not work on these modern bikes; you can't just unplug the O2 sensor and ride it, from the data logging I have done & from Dyno Jet's testing, the A/F ratio will cycle or run rich at 12:1 after 3000rpm if the sensor is left unplugged & the bike is ridden at a constant cruise. If you don't believe me contact Dyno Jet directly & ask them if you can leave the O2 sensor disconnected & tune the bike correctly.

You need to control the output voltage from the O2 sensor to ECU since the ECU constantly looks for 0 to1 volt square wave signal. By unplugging the O2 sensor and fitting a resistor, it sends a constant voltage signal to the ECU. After a few minutes the ECU see this as a corrupt signal and then constantly switches the A/F ratio up and down or fixes it at 12:1. In this state the bike is not tunable.

This mod is not a resistor-type mod it controls the square wave output voltage signal from the O2 sensor to the ECU, the controller corrects this signal in real time & sends a calibrated leaner voltage signal to the ECU, the ECU then responds with a slightly richer closed loop A/F ratio the O2 sensor has to be connected for this controller to work.

Even with Yamaha's latest ECU mapping the close loop A/F ratio have not been addressed.

This O2 controller is not a performance mod, it is designed to control the closed loop mapping, with it connected to a MT/FZ-09 you will have improved throttle control, the bike will be easier to ride in traffic conditions, traffic circles, the bike will feel much smoother to ride when at steady throttle openings. I have been developing these O2 controllers over the past 4 years & have sold many with 100% feedback, I make them for many different models. The MT/FZ O2 controller is not the same as the KTM & other Yamaha O2 controllers that I make, the 09's controller is pacifically designed & tune for this bike.

Feel free to ask me any question relating to this mod or other fuel injected questions, I am a qualified motorcycle mechanic with a few decades of experance. 

Kevxtx’s O2 Controller Description

How it Works

By controlling the closed loop circuit we are able to reduce the surging when you are cruising. With the O2 controller, when the ECU switches between the open & closed loop circuits the transition is much smoother as the A/F ratios are closer to each other, see table below.

Stock O2 Sensor

Kev’s O2 Controller

Closed loop A/F ratio = 14.7:1

Closed Loop A/F ratio = 13.4:1

Open loop A/F ratio = 13.4:1

Open loop A/F ratio = 13.4:1

Variation = 1.3

Variation = 0.0

·         In stock form, the closed-loop runs the A/F lean. When switching to the open loop it might feel like the throttle is surging. This can also be felt at cruising speeds.

·         The change in A/F ratios is reduced, and hence the surging experienced between loop changes is greatly reduced.

If this mod does not do what I have said it does by improving your ride when cruising at light throttle openings, send the mod back before 30 days & I will refund you the purchased price of this mod, shipping back to me is at the buyers cost, for the full purchased refund the mod must be in the same condition to which you received it in. 

Suitability

This O2 Controller mod can be used on stock motorcycles, as well as any MT-FZ-09 with extra filters, pipes and map modifications. This mod is Plug & Play no modification to any of the bikes wiring is need, if anyone in Brisbane wants to try one before buying one pop over to my house & I will fit for free for you to test.

2014> MT-09, FZ-09

2015> MT-09, FZ-09

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

Willy... dai link che hai messo non vedo nulla... non credo che sia molto differente da quello per MT03... mi serve lo schema elettrico relativo alla lambda un volontario con MT09 e credo di poterne tirare fuori qualche cosa di funzionante... ;)

Link al commento
Condividi su altri siti

• Chi sta navigando   0 utenti

• Nessun utente registrato visualizza questa pagina.
  • Crea Nuovo...